Friday 31 August 2012

Medication dilemma!

Hi Everyone!

Today I have decided to tackle the controversial subject of medication. I have been struggling for so long to find some medication that actually work for the fibro pain. So far nothing has really worked. Not as far as I can tell in anyways! At the moment I am on quite a lot of stuff. The side effects are not so great as I have picked up weight and my fingers are so swollen that I can't wear any rings. Even my watch come of at night. There's more, but I will not go into details now.

What I want to get to is whether or not I should stay on it. I take Lyrica twice a day, trepiline at night, zopivane to sleep, and I start every morning with 1 tramahexal, 2 paracetamol and 1 dicloflam all for pain. I am someone who has always been more into natural stuff, but everything got so bad that I gave myself over to the doctor's and their medication.

Now I'm thinking that I can't stay on all of this for the rest of my life! What if I don't get better. My poor liver and kidneys will never survive! I asked my doctor about my kidneys. He said I have to have them tested every six months. He also said that it will only effect me in ten year's time! My response:"In ten years I'm only 43!"

So, now what? I have tried a couple of times to not take my painkillers in the morning. Every time I did that I ended up not being able to get out of my bed by the afternoon. And I mean really not get up at all! So last night I asked my husband what he thinks of me going of the Lyrica. His answer was that if I'm in so much pain at the moment while taking the medication, just imagine what it's going to be like without it!

I feel like I'm living in a dreamworld. I do things just to get them done. I walk around like a zombie most of the time. I can't tell whether I'm sick as in flu or if its the fibro. I basically feel like I have a bad case of the flu plus some other terrible pain disease all the time (oh I forgot, it's called fibromyalgia!). The medication makes that I feel sick still, but it takes the edge of. Almost like a haze. I can't remember anything. I scramble up my words when I speak and write. Is that the fog or the medication?.

Wish I knew what to do...

For now I think I will stay on it for a while until I can find some alternative natural medication that can replace it! Sounds like a plan to me! ....or does it just sound like a plan to the medicated me?

If you have an answer or opinion please let me know!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment