Friday 2 November 2012

It makes me sick!

Hi Everyone!

I had the most horrible week ever. It started on Tuesday when I went to the doctor. I told him that the Tramahexal that I've been taking makes me feel sick so in the end he said that maybe I should try the tramahexal sr - slow release - so that it slowly go into my body and not all at once. So, of I go and get the meds and take it. A couple of hours later I couldn't get out of my bed. Really! My husband had to fetch kids and make supper etc. At first I thought, ok, maybe it is just because my body is not used to it. The next morning I made sure to eat and take something for my stomach first and then took the pill. A couple of hours later I was vomiting and once again not able to get out of my bed. It helped for the pain, but made me feel so sick that it is definitely not worth it for me. So, I didn't take it again and have been struggling for two days to get back on my feet. As the feeling came back to my body, so did the pain. It now feels like every fiber in my body is aching. I'm sure I am allergic to the stuff.

Now it's back to the drawing board. For now I can't even take any painkillers as my stomach is totally messed up. I have read up about a pain medication that one of the other bloggers wrote about: Flupirtine. Told the doctor about it. He was very interested and immediately started phoning around to see if we can get it in South Africa. But, alas, no luck. It is not available here yet. It does look so promising though and I'm going to keep trying to see if we can't get some company to import it from the UK. Do any of you maybe have some insights on the drug?

I'm glad to say that today is a better day for me. At least I can use my arms again and stand on my feet and drive etc. My hatred for medication has definitely increased and for now I will be staying far away from any pain medication. I would rather suffer that lose all control of my body!

Happy blogging!

1 comment:

  1. oh, what a bad experience!

    I feel for you- I also have issues with medications, and have tried so many I can no longer list them. Let's just say I have a big bag of pills that I tried and couldn't tolerate.

    The only pain med that has worked for me in any respect is a very small dose of a narcotic. I had to titrate it in a suspension at first and increase the dose extremely slowly. This is the only thing I have been able to tolerate with minimal side effects, and it keeps me at least on the move and able to have a more normal life.

    Good luck on the hunt, it can be a difficult one for us fibrogals and guys.

    Hoping you get some relief soon...

    -FibroFacialGal http://fightinthefibro.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete