Sunday 21 October 2012

Hanging in there!

Hi Everyone!

I have been away for quite a while! It's funny how life can just sort of take over and before you know it 10days have past. That's how long it's been since my last post. Whenever I thought of writing on my blog I was either too tired or not home.

I've been busy with my 10yr old's birthday party. Lots of planning and baking! It's been raining not-stop for the past week and we had to have the party inside. The Pirate Party turned out a great success and I'm super glad all the birthdays for the year is over!

Since my children were little I have always made their cakes myself. No ordering from someone. They now expect me to make their cakes and also whatever they ask for. They have so much faith in me. So far all my cakes have been pretty ok. The kids have loved it and when they're happy I'm happy! But over the last year it has not been as much fun making them as it used to be. The fibro has taken my joy out of making cakes. The hours of standing upright and bend over is like torture. I am still sore and stiff since Thursday after making the cake. I do it with love though for my kids! When I see the joy on their faces the pain just doesn't matter anymore!

Now to get back on to the fibro subject. I have been taking a supplement for the last 12 days. So far there has been no change. Everyone is telling me that it takes long for any natural thing to help and that I'm too impatient. Yes, I am impatient. Anyone with so much pain would also be desperate and impatient to have some relieve. I have been taking a receptozine (an anti-histamine) together with my sleeping pill at night. It helps me to sleep, but makes me feel very groggy the next day. I don't take it in the week because I have to be up at 6am and get the kids ready for school and drive etc. So when it comes to weekend I take it and try to stay in bed as much as possible and get the sleep I so desperately need. It helps to keep me asleep, but I have not one morning gotten up that I feel refreshed and ready to go! It is like I'm not getting the right type of sleep.

I have also been taking painkillers at least once a day. I don't take the same ones everyday. I try to alternate so I don't get used to just one. Sometimes it helps for a couple of hours and at least I get things done. The one painkiller - tramahexal - works pretty well for about 4hours, it actually gives me a kick, and then I have a terrible come-down of it. I would suddenly feel extremely irritable and can't handle any noise and stuff like that. At least I know now what does it so I handle it better! I have found that now that I'm of the Lyrica and trepeline, I have much more control over myself. I know for a fact now that the Lyrica didn't help for me. I know now, when I take something, exactly what it does to my body and whether it works.

I will try to blog more regularly again! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it
    much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Outstanding work!
    my site > Living Healthy Tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon! Thanks. I just used one of the blogspot layouts and then changed the colours etc. Will go check out your site soon! Thanks for reading!

      Delete