Thursday 20 September 2012

Just another day in the life of...

Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy to finally be on the fibro bloggers directory! Thanks Good!

I had my blood tests done on Monday and is still waiting for the results. They said it would take till next week. I'm sooooo impatient when it comes to thing's like that. Will keep everyone updated!

I had the most awesome experience today! I lay on a bed with memory foam. Wow! It's the nicest, softest, most comfortable thing I have felt in a long time. I first just looked at a pillow, and then I happened to walk past a shop that also sells the beds and a loose piece that you can put on any ordinary bed. Oh, how good it would be for my aching body! Not for my wallet though! If I had the money I would definitely have bought it on the spot. No can do, will just dream about it. I really think it would be great for people with fibro. It molds to your body and is soft but firm.

People with fibro tend to be very sensitive to touch and noise and heat and cold. This will definitely make one's sleeping more comfortable. Think I should start saving!

I have also decided to go of some of the medication I'm on. The Lyrica and Trepeline. I find that it does nothing for my pain, headaches and tiredness. All it has done for me over the last year or so, was to make me put on more and more weight and have less and less memory. Now I'm overweight, in pain, sleep deprived and can't remember anything! I'm going to go of and see if I'm worse of without it. Who knows, maybe I can rather save the medication money to buy the memory foam. Maybe I will also get my own memory back too!

So there! A day in the life of someone with fibromyalgia.

Thanks for reading and happy blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Why is memory foam so expensive? my daughter has it and we are saving up. Trying to always pay cash these days. (found you thru fibro bloggrs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think its expensive here in SA because its a new thing. Maybe it will get cheaper in time and then we can all have bliss while sleeping on it!:-)

      Delete